Shopify : is an all-in-one eCommerce platform that makes it easy for you to create an online store, accept payments, and manage your inventory all from a single platform without ever worrying about the technical aspects of managing a website such as web hosting, security, caching, etc.
WooCommerce: is an open-source eCommerce plugin built for WordPress. It allows you to leverage the most powerful content management system (CMS) and use it to run an online store. Because of the open-source nature, you can customize every aspect of your store and easily build custom extensions.
Shopify Pros and Cons
- There's access to thousands of apps to extend your store.
- The themes are plentiful and beautiful.
- Shopify handles everything for you from hosting to security.
- It takes just a few minutes to launch your store.
- Dropshipping is rather simple with Shopify.
- know exactly how much you'll be paying every month and the pricing is fair.
- The support is the best in the business.
Shopify Cons 👎
- You don't have as much control over your site with Shopify.
- Customization is better with other platforms.
- You're stuck with a monthly payment that's only going to get higher.
WooCommerce Pros and Cons
WooCommerce Pros 👍
- WooCommerce offers complete customization and control.
- WordPress has a huge community online.
- The themes and plugins are endless, since just about anyone can make and sell them online.
- WooCommerce is simple to configure on WordPress.
- The WooCommerce plugin is free.
WooCommerce Cons 👎
- WordPress does have a bit of a learning curve.
- You may find that WooCommerce ends up being more expensive due to plugins, themes, and hosting.
- You're stuck managing everything from hosting to security, and maintenance to backups.